• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Teac as-200

darin g

Active Member
Hey guys, Picked up this integrated amp at an antique mall Sunday for 75.00. Its mint++....I found a little info on it but not much. Appears to have been built in 1968 and I think it was a european model. Any info would be appreciated. I will post a pic of it later. THX Darin G
 
Register to hide this ad
Looks like there's not a lot of information out there on this one. 40wpc, 1968. Superseded by the identical-looking AS-201.

There's a recent blog post about it here, and the audio-heritage.jp page, translated here.

Looks like Analog Alley has the service manual.

Pics would be great! I'd especially like to see the innards.
 
There was also an AS-200S model with a very short life released in 1970. I've searched the web to try to find other references to this model without any luck. Anyway, this version has smaller etched lettering on the facia, redesigned push buttons (squarer in the centres and no visible lugs holding the vaneer) larger machined aluminium volume and balance control knobs, aluminium on/off switch, machined aluminium knobs replacing the plastic ones under the control flap, which are marked with smaller thermographed lettering. It has slightly more power than the AS-200 at 50wpc.

There was a matching AT-200S tuner, which again had aluminium control knobs under the control flap. No idea if the internals were different vs. the standard "u" model. I'll be getting the Tuner refurbed soon, as this has not been working properly for more than 25 years.

I think both these models were re-designated the 201 series the following year.

Here's a pic of the amp which has been in the family for 43 years and sounds lovely! :music:
 

Attachments

  • Teac AS200S Small.jpg
    Teac AS200S Small.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
One on eBay right now doesn’t power on. Looks nice. Bet I could fix it but already have stuff to use.
 
Back
Top Bottom