Pioneerhead
New Member
Using tnsilver's suggestion of adding weight to the bottom of the plynth, this is my experiment. I didn't want to do anything permanent to the TT in case I wanted to sell it and upgrade. So I was going to use something like Playdoh but was afraid it would dry over time and cause a mess internally. I decided on adding fishing lead weights, and luckily a friend gave me some old lead bullets. The total added weight is approximately 5.5 lbs to 6 lbs. 
Attached are a couple of pics of my experiment. To prevent the weight from moving around, I put them in plastic ziplock bags. This will also allow me to remove them cleanly in the future. I taped the bags down with photographer's tape. Also fortunately, the bottom of the plynth had some workable space. This helped to deadened the unwanted sound transfer by about 50%.

Attached are a couple of pics of my experiment. To prevent the weight from moving around, I put them in plastic ziplock bags. This will also allow me to remove them cleanly in the future. I taped the bags down with photographer's tape. Also fortunately, the bottom of the plynth had some workable space. This helped to deadened the unwanted sound transfer by about 50%.