• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

TEAC V-3RX Idler tire?

Thinker

Super Member
Hi Everyone,

I was changing the belts for my Uncle on his TEAC V-3RX deck and discovered that the idler tire had turned into a gooey mess. I've been trying to find a replacement but I've been coming up dry. From what I found from searches TEAC never sold just the tires you had to buy the assembly #5800107800. Some guys mentioned that there was a seller on "that auction site" but, there isn't any more. Anyone know where I could get one?

Thanks
 
Register to hide this ad
So you checked with Teac? If they don't have it, post the size in mm. OD, ID and width. There are stores that sell idlers by size.
 
TrueValue hardware has a good selection of o rings that can be used in a pinch, they won't give you the same precision as a proper tire but they are an order of magnitude cheaper.
 
I used an O ring in one of my Tascam recorders. It has worked just fine for the last 4 years. Not original I know but works.
 
Same idler tire that is used in the Tascam 122MkII. Dynamic Technology Group has them at reasonable prices. Also can be had from Full Compass.com.
 
Back
Top Bottom