• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Teac X-2000R Head Plate

Blam1

New Member
I've just picked up a Teac X-2000R and I've read the various threads here about the seemingly backward step that Teac took with regards to the head plate. Is it a good idea to simply replace the plate from an X-1000R?
 
Register to hide this ad
Hey Blam, I am so ignorant sometimes. I have many reel to reel tape players and work on them or think about them every day.

I have an X-1000 that I'm about to get out of the garage to see what I can do with it.

What do you mean by "head plate"? What part are you talking about? Is it the head cover?

Pic would be nice. :thmbsp:
 
I'm speaking about the plate the heads mount on. The X-2000R plate allows only adjustments in one orientation, where all were available on the X-1000R plate.
 
I'm speaking about the plate the heads mount on. The X-2000R plate allows only adjustments in one orientation, where all were available on the X-1000R plate.

I see now what I believe you saw.

The X1000 allows for head height adjustment, seperate from the azimuth adjustment. The X2000 only allows azimuth adjustment.

However, you will notice that there are two azimuth adjustment positions, one on either side of the head. I believe one can effectively make height adjustments by adjusting both these points in one direction at the same time, then adjust only one, to level out/adjust azimuth. Once level for azimuth, it may be necessary to adjust both again, to fine tune the head height, then recheck azimuth, etc. Repeat until azimuth and height are both correct.

This is all theory on my part-I leave these things to the experts. I am just looking at the SM pages and comparing.

Edit: Just saw this notation at the beginning of the head adjustment section on the X2000R SM-so much for my theory......:thumbsdn:
 

Attachments

  • X2000R.png
    X2000R.png
    28.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Member skywave can answer your question definitively. Unfortunately he doesn't post very much on this forum.
 
Back
Top Bottom