• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Teac Z5000 or Nakamichi RX 505. Help

rocoz50

New Member
I have Teac X 2000 R reel to real and I'm looking to add a cassette deck. I have it narrow down to 2 choices. A Teac Z 5000 master cassette deck. Or a Nakamichi RX 505. I can't decide. Any information you could give me on either one of these would be greatly appreciated.. Help me decide. Thanks in advance
 
Register to hide this ad
While I have never owned a Z5000, I have owned a Z7000. My understanding is that the big difference between the two, is that you have to do everything manually. Some prefer that. Others, like me, like the automatics. Servicing is a challenge, as there are very few techs that would/should touch them. They are quite complex. But when everything is working, they sound fantastic! My Z7000 was my best peripheral until I got my Yamaha GT-2000. Of course, the Z7000 sale helped fund the GT-2000 acquisition.
 
Th
While I have never owned a Z5000, I have owned a Z7000. My understanding is that the big difference between the two, is that you have to do everything manually. Some prefer that. Others, like me, like the automatics. Servicing is a challenge, as there are very few techs that would/should touch them. They are quite complex. But when everything is working, they sound fantastic! My Z7000 was my best peripheral until I got my Yamaha GT-2000. Of course, the Z7000 sale helped fund the GT-2000 acquisition.
Thanks for input. I went with the Nak as it was just serviced by Willy Herman and had all caps updated. . Thanks again
 
Thanks for input. I went with the Nak as it was just serviced by Willy Herman and had all caps updated.

You should have a fine machine that works as new. To keep it working like new for a long time, be sure to run a cassette through it periodically even if you don't want to listen to cassettes at the moment. Lack of use is an enemy of any mechanical device.

Congrats
 
Back
Top Bottom