• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Teasers for the CBS Star Trek Series. Honestly not really interested

transmaster

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I am seeing the teasers for the new CBS Star Trek TV series “Star Trek Discovery” which begins on 24th of September. The intro will be on regular broadcast TV but then it goes exclusively to CBS All Acess which can be had ad free for $10 bucks a month. Honestly I have very little interest in a new Star Trek series and I have little if any interest in anything else CBS airs. I do not have terrestrial TV and have not for 25 years, plus I cut the cable 4 years ago. This is one Star Trek series I will just sit out.
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Meh - I have no plans to pay for a CBS "extra channel" when their whole nature is to be a commercial over-the-air broadcast network.
That said, I just set the TIVO/DVR to record the sunday night "broadcast" just to see what its about.
I do have a FIOS HDTV feed of lots of channels, minimal sports, and no "Premium" channels
like HBO/Showtime/ Cinemax/TheMovieChannel (are they even around any more?) EPIX STARZ or any of them ...
 
Last edited:
According to Wired Magazine CBS is saying not only can you watch Discovery but, wait for it, all the other Star Trek series as well, oh wow what an incentive to fork over for another streaming channel. Oh Netflix has all the other Star Treks never mind.
 
Given the timing of the series, and I don't need to stream a network to watch one show. Wasn't this supposed to start 8 months ago. I wonder how long the streaming of cbs will last if they don't make a profit off it.
 
Watched it. Oh my God it is awful. I have watched every episode of every Star Trek that has ever been on TV and all of the Movies. This is the worst Star Trek I have ever seen. If this was a hook to get you to subscribe and watch it on CBS Access I have news for CBS. They should have hired the Star Trek Axanar crew to do their series. Oh and I just love the new Klingon look. The Klingons had developed into a believable alien race now they look like something out of a cheap Direct to DVD special. The Japanese in the 1960’s could do better.

F8423F5E-59C8-433A-BE0D-4A0E0AB73903.jpeg
 
Last edited:
So is it fair to say that Seth MacFarlane's "Orville" is a better Star Trek than the new CBS show?
 
It will be fun to watch for free in five years on whatever new media it is released on.
My wife an I are both trek-ease (that is a moderate version of the die-hards) but we will not pay extra for it. ...so very tired of all $$ "options" for tv. Pick up a book for gods sake.
 
That is what I expected. Really of all of the TV Star Treks “Enterprise” was the best.
No, "The Orville" may be the best of all Star Treks ...
(and I was a huge fan of the early episodes of Deep Space Nine -
darn it, Avery Brooks ought to be seriously working these days!)
 
Saw the first orville and I liked it. That being said, I don't have cable so will have to wait until it comes out some place else. I can see that it will only get better once the cast and writers get warmed up. When TNG first came out, I thought that was blasphemous. Then, I grew to love it. The Deep Space Nine came out and it was Deep Sleep Nine as it put me to sleep every time. Didn't reallly watch any of the others. First episode of Enterprise was ok but that's it. I'm not payng for any more channels. I cancelled HBO cause GOT is over and no new West World yet. Hulu was on for the free month but cancelled that cause they only thing they have is Seinfeld. I love Seinfeld. Not enough to pay Hulu for it. I think we are all being very discriminating with our viewing dollars now.
 
ADD ON : Way to many frakkin commercials

That's why they make PVR's, Speed through them

I have the first two Star Trek "Discovery" shows in HD on my cable TV's PVR. Which I will watch later today.

It is commercials that will ultimately get me to cancel cable TV, Not just the cost. Instead I plan to stream off Netflix or other network video, and add to my collection of DVD's and BR disc's when they go on sale for peanuts.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom