• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Tech near NYC needed; Klipsch Forte's no sound from midrange squawkers

jimmyvp

New Member
I recently purchased a pair of Klipsch Forte II speakers with the Bob Crites tweeters and upgraded ALK crossover networks. To my disappointment, I get no sound from the midrange horn "squawkers" on either speaker. The tweeters and woofers seem to play fine but no sound is being produced from the midrange horns. I suspect there must be some problem with the ALK crossover networks, but I am technically challenged. Can anyone help me or recommend a tech to diagnose and repair these speakers? I live in Westchester County, North of NYC, so somewhere close to this area would be preferable. Thanks in advance for any assistance. - Jim
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
I would first check the wire connections to the mid drivers. It's strange that both speakers have the same problem. I wouldn't be surprised if the mids aren't connected to the crossover.
 
Thanks jblmar. I checked wires they look ok, but don't really know what to look for. If any of you know of a good speaker tech in the NYC area please let me know. Thanks.
 
See how close Soundsmith is to you. Although speakers aren't their thing, certainly they can take a look.
 
Thank you very much Carl! I'm gonna take a look inside to see of the wiring matches the ALK network diagrams you provided in the link. Thanks again.
 
Most likely the diaphragms are gone in them contact Bob Crites through his website and order a new set. Bob has instructions on them and they are easy peasey!
 
Most likely the diaphragms are gone in them contact Bob Crites through his website and order a new set. Bob has instructions on them and they are easy peasey!

This may indeed be the case. The only way to tell for sure is to remove the squaker driver from the speaker and play some music thru it.
 
Back
Top Bottom