• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Technics 1200 M3D - Gap when dust cover is closed

onlysleeping

Active Member
I bought a dust cover and the mk2 hinges from KAB to put on my Technics MK3d. I was able to get the hinges installed on the table. When I close the dust cover, there is a slight gap near the front left of the table. I tried loosening the socket thing the hinge goes and moving it, but I couldn't get it to sit flat.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
 
Register to hide this ad
I've had good success by placing the dust cover in the closed position and loosening all the screws on the cover and the post mounting brackets on the back of the plinth. I then move the cover around to get its front aligned with the plinth front edge and the rubber bumpers touching the plinth surface. Once you think it's close, re-tighten all the screws and see how it looks.

It may take a bit of trial and error, but one can usually bring it close to "plumb".

Good luck!
 
Back
Top Bottom