• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Technics Dampening Oil for Tonearm Cueing

jmiles1960

Super Member
Many years ago, the good folks at Panasonic / Technics sent me a kit to replace the dampening oil in my SL-1800 turntable. This was probably in the 1980's. Does anyone know if this oil is available somewhere else or what I could use? I recently brought the TT out of storage and the tonearm is coming down fast and hard again. I suspect the oil has dried up or leaked out. Thanks for the help.
 
Register to hide this ad
Many years ago, the good folks at Panasonic / Technics sent me a kit to replace the dampening oil in my SL-1800 turntable. This was probably in the 1980's. Does anyone know if this oil is available somewhere else or what I could use? I recently brought the TT out of storage and the tonearm is coming down fast and hard again. I suspect the oil has dried up or leaked out. Thanks for the help.
It's called silicone damping oil. RC hobby shops and websites sell it inexpensively as differential (diff) oil. You would look for 500,000 (500K) viscosity.
 
Back
Top Bottom