• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Technics mat

bongoman

New Member
I have an sl 1600 mk 2 and after storing it for a couple years I decided to hook it up. The mat is fried. It seems to have hardened and cracked over the years. It's no good. Anyone have any suggestions regarding a new mat? Either DIY or used is fine. Other than that the table works well. However none of the other Technics mats work because this mat has cut-outs in it to allow for those plastic pieces used for something I don't know what. Seems the mat must be specific to the 1600 mk 2. I can't even just place a piece of felt on the platter as a temporary measure. Any help would be appreciated.
 
Register to hide this ad
Thanks

Is my face red. There it was all time; right in front of my nose. Perfect and a great help. Explains exactly my predicament. Why AK is a great site. Thanks Mr. Technics.:thmbsp:
 
Back
Top Bottom