PoPSiCLe
New Member
Ref this thread: https://audiokarma.org/forums/index...s-m260-no-recording-erase-whatsoever.1012839/
So, that issue has been solved (at least I think it has) - however, during fixing that, another issue has surfaced. And this is probably something I did while fixing it, since playback worked fine before. Now, I get nothing when clicking play or record - just tested with headphones, but all I get is a hum - it is present when turning the deck on, doesn't change with hitting play/record, and the level meters are maxed out from the get go - no change by changing between tape/source, or adjusting the level meter.
There is no output other than the hum - I can't hear anything from the cassette at all.
Things I've tested - I've desoldered the pins that came out from the board while fixing it - no change.
I've disassembled the display (taken it out of the player) - no change
I've taken out the entire mech (disconnected all connections, dismounted it completely) - no change
The hum is still there.
I assume there is a problem with the amplification circuit - I cannot see any broken solder points or other obvious things - I haven't been near anything else than the stuff I had to resolder, and AFAIK, neither of those are anything consequential (one is power to the display board, the other is a voltage line to the heads, AFAIK).
So, anyone have an idea about what I can check, where to start, what to look for? I was hoping to avoid having to resolder every solder point on the main board, but if noone has a guide/idea, that is what I will do.
The service manual is present in the above link, so I won't link it again here.
So, that issue has been solved (at least I think it has) - however, during fixing that, another issue has surfaced. And this is probably something I did while fixing it, since playback worked fine before. Now, I get nothing when clicking play or record - just tested with headphones, but all I get is a hum - it is present when turning the deck on, doesn't change with hitting play/record, and the level meters are maxed out from the get go - no change by changing between tape/source, or adjusting the level meter.
There is no output other than the hum - I can't hear anything from the cassette at all.
Things I've tested - I've desoldered the pins that came out from the board while fixing it - no change.
I've disassembled the display (taken it out of the player) - no change
I've taken out the entire mech (disconnected all connections, dismounted it completely) - no change
The hum is still there.
I assume there is a problem with the amplification circuit - I cannot see any broken solder points or other obvious things - I haven't been near anything else than the stuff I had to resolder, and AFAIK, neither of those are anything consequential (one is power to the display board, the other is a voltage line to the heads, AFAIK).
So, anyone have an idea about what I can check, where to start, what to look for? I was hoping to avoid having to resolder every solder point on the main board, but if noone has a guide/idea, that is what I will do.
The service manual is present in the above link, so I won't link it again here.