• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Technics SA-6000X help

jmahun

New Member
I'm a bit confused on how to attach speakers to my Technics SA-6000X.
Photo 1 shows the speaker terminals on the back of the receiver.
Photo 2 shows how I hooked up two speakers for stereo; sound output was fine.
Photo 3: is that how 4 speakers would be attached for quad? Red for the front R/L speakers and yellow for rear R/L? I've a service manual pdf but it does show this clearly and I don't have an owners manual.
 

Attachments

  • photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 35
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 33
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
first time I've seen that type of hook up coding......but it's obvious to me that stereo hook-up uses the top set of both red for left/right, +/_ as marked.

for 4 ch the circled red is for front speakers (conventional red+, blk _) and the circled yellow for rear speakers (conventional red/blk) Chuck
 
Hook up in stereo is a "bridged output". In 2 channel mode, the rear channel amplifiers put out and inverted (opposite polarity) signal which when hooked to the return of the speakers, yields increased output. Quite common in 2/4 channel receivers in the70's. Bridged mode increases the loading on the amplifiers - its why the4channel hookups say 4-16 ohm but the 2channel mode says 8-16 ohm.
 
Back
Top Bottom