• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Technics SB-A50

TheDr

Active Member
Okay so I have been hunting speakers for a good 3 months now and I can't seem to find what I'm looking for, mainly a decent pair of vintage speakers at less than $100. I've been checking craigs list daily, ebay locally and thrift shops and everything seems like crap. Well today I came across these, which I know are not vintage but appear to be decent, and they are in my price range. So :thmbsp: or :thumbsdn: ? Are they worth the $70? Or should I just continue to look?
 
Register to hide this ad
I'm not completely certain, but I would guess that those were part of a Technics "rack" system. If so, I would keep looking. You can definitely find something far better within your price range.

Dave
 
Keep your money. As the other poster surmised, these are from Technics rack systems and definitely not worth going after. :thumbsdn:

Yank
 
There are techinics speakers that are surprisingly good, but I don't think those are them.
But there are always these great CL postings from florida showing up in this section, so if you bide your time, you ought to find something good.
 
There are techinics speakers that are surprisingly good, but I don't think those are them.
But there are always these great CL postings from florida showing up in this section, so if you bide your time, you ought to find something good.
Good morning, I'm very new to this forum and site. I know this this is a very old thread but just wasn't sure how to start a new thread. I am picking up a pair of these in almost perfect condition for $5.00. I figured I can't go wrong but was still interested in opinions. I have a Marantz 2270 to attach them to and will put my results up here. Thanks for your time.
 
For $5, there is very little risk for you. It will get you started at a very minimum. But there is much better to be had. That would be your first upgrade point.
 
For $5, there is very little risk for you. It will get you started at a very minimum. But there is much better to be had. That would be your first upgrade point.
I know they must be just loud party speakers. I was just hoping to catch a really good deal on some top notch speakers. I'll see how they sound and most likely be giving them to my daughter. She likes loud.
 
Based on Google images. looks like they might play loud.
I kind of like the authentic vinyl wood grain pattern they used on the baffles (can't see the sides too well) on those, again based on Google images.
 
Back
Top Bottom