• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Technics SB-S25... Woah!

Lyanheart

New Member
So, I really don't know anything about Technics speakers, but I just brought home a pair I found last weekend that belonged to my grandfather. I hooked them to my Harman 730 while my EPI-180's are still on the workbench and I was blown away! These things are tiny but they REALLY fill the room with sound, rivaling my Epicures. The low-end punch isn't there, considering the 4-inch woofer, but the musical quality is outstanding and they make an excellent set for the TV & PC.

Just thought I'd share, since these might be found hiding someplace for cheap, and they are definately worth having.
 
Register to hide this ad
Hi Lyanheart, you still have them? I found a good deal for these; really anxious to test them. I wonder how they stack up to the famous Minimus 7 (I got a pair of those beauties). My idea would be to send the Minimus 7 pair to the 5.1 amp and leave these two for the computer. Or either way. What do you think?

Thanks for sharing your feedback!
 
These are very good small mid-fi speakers. It does not hurt that they are 50 watts Listening was done on a Pioneer SX 650. If you have a use for them i would not hesitate to pick them up.
 
I've had a pair of these for awhile. They're not even in the same class as minimus7. Way better. Although the m7 actually has more low and despite being smaller. The m7 bass is one note compared to these though.

I'm currently powering mine with a Concept 7.5d.

Interestingly, they're made in USA
 
Last edited:
I have a pair of these...... And I think they are pretty darn bad.
I would only consider them for rear surround use in a cheap, low end surround situation. Sorry.
 
Back
Top Bottom