• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Technics SE9600 heatsink panels

CHATRITOR

cattoo
Well…. Unfortunately I overlooked something while servicing the SE9600.

So on the top of the amp, there is text that says the top of the heat sink side panels will turn from yellow to orange when over 50*c. However, when I check the sides, the panels are already orange and seem to have a bit of a gap with the heatsink (perhaps peeling off?)

Doesn’t affect daily usage but still would be nice to get it fixed.

Is there a way to easily fix this?
 

Attachments

  • 7CE293D3-F2C9-48C9-89EA-CF14C912A8D6.jpeg
    7CE293D3-F2C9-48C9-89EA-CF14C912A8D6.jpeg
    77.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 8ED993D9-4801-497B-B37C-6B479F8E9677.jpeg
    8ED993D9-4801-497B-B37C-6B479F8E9677.jpeg
    79.8 KB · Views: 20
Register to hide this ad
I assume the spot they mean is the yellow one circled in red below? (The other picture looks like the copper metal band that goes around the transformer.)


1752865879943.png
 
I can't see a lot from the pictures. The text says "the spot in the upper portion of the heatsink . . ." and right next to the text is the round, yellow spot, which is on the heatsink itself, which seemingly serves no other purpose than to be the spot the text is referring to. The other picture looks to be the side of the transformer, that has a copper noise abatement strap that is reflecting on the metal shield next to it, not the actual heatsink, if I am seeing it right.

In the picture I found on the internet below, each heat sink has one yellow indicator dot.

1752894424470.jpeg
 
I can't see a lot from the pictures. The text says "the spot in the upper portion of the heatsink . . ." and right next to the text is the round, yellow spot, which is on the heatsink itself, which seemingly serves no other purpose than to be the spot the text is referring to. The other picture looks to be the side of the transformer, that has a copper noise abatement strap that is reflecting on the metal shield next to it, not the actual heatsink, if I am seeing it right.

In the picture I found on the internet below, each heat sink has one yellow indicator dot.

View attachment 3554816
Oh? So the front 2 on the sides are the heatsink? I always thought the giant block in tHe middle is the heat sink.

Don’t mind my stupidity, but could you circle the heatsink(s) of the SE?
 
The fins form a heat exchanger that transfers heat from the power transistors into the aluminum, then bleeds it into the air.

1752897099962.png
 
The dot turning orange is just to warn you "it's hot, don't touch it, dummy". If you're worried about it, let it run for a few hours, and feel the heat sinks with your hand every so often to make sure they are getting warm but not too hot, and both sides should feel about the same temperature. If they are getting hot, turning orange, and you are not lifting the roof with it, you might check into getting a service.
 
The dot turning orange is just to warn you "it's hot, don't touch it, dummy". If you're worried about it, let it run for a few hours, and feel the heat sinks with your hand every so often to make sure they are getting warm but not too hot, and both sides should feel about the same temperature. If they are getting hot, turning orange, and you are not lifting the roof with it, you might check into getting a service.
I’ve already had the amp run my auto turntable for 9 hours straight while I slept, it’s not orange yet so I guess I’m good!

It was just serviced so I don’t think anything will go wrong anyways
 
Ya he tenido el amplificador funcionando con mi tocadiscos automático durante 9 horas seguidas mientras dormía, ¡aún no está en naranja, así que supongo que todo está bien!

Acaba de pasar la revisión, así que no creo que vaya a haber ningún problema.
Hola, tengo el SE-9600, para que los stickers termicos amarillos se pongan anaranjados, tendria que estar funcionando a su maxima potencia (110watts por canal) mucho tiempo sin ventilación ... para un tanque es dificil
 
Back
Top Bottom