• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Technics SL-10/15 broken or missing lid latches. Are there any workarounds other than a heavy book?

nakmandan

Vintage Nak enthusiast
I recently acquired a Technics SL-10 linear tracking turntable, fairly cheap because it was broken, and I already replaced the broken/damaged sled string and dried out belt. It woks great now. However, both lid latches had been completely removed. There is nothing there to work with, no broken parts to mend. They're just gone! Does anyone sell reproductions of these? Anyone ever make them in metal? 3D printed copies? I really don't like the idea of having to put a heavy book on top of it every time I want to listen to a record. To my knowledge, only the SL-15 shared the exact same latches used on the SL-10. Anyone have any more elegant solutions to keep the top lid closed?
 
Register to hide this ad
Bumping this topic to put it back in the newest posts. No one?

One possible solution I have heard is to remove the stabilizer, thus eliminating the spring force pushing between the platter and cover. I'd like to keep the stabilizer, as I think it is a good idea, but on the other hand, most of the Technics linear trackers don't use it.

Oh, and correcting the typo from my first post, the turntable WORKS great now. It's not a cooking device, so no woks involved here!
 
The Turntableguy in New Zealand sells replacement lid latches for $60NZ each. He calls them lid catches, but they look the same to me. I've thought about 3D-printing some replacements, but haven't yet.
 
Back
Top Bottom