• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Technics SL-1300 MKII value

montrecott

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
My brother has a lead on a Technics SL-1300 MKII, supposedly in excellent condition. Don't know about the cartridge yet. The seller wants $100.

1. Is that a good price?
2. If so, how much of a step up would the Technics be from my Onkyo CP-1030f? The Onkyo isn't a well known turntable, but this model was their TOTL circa 1980, Quartz PLL direct drive, etc.--it's a very good tt.
 
Register to hide this ad
Does the owner know about the failing cue arm? I would pay $100 if it was complete with headshell, had a decent cartridge and if the owner knew about the cue arm failure.

If the owner didn't, I would probably go a bit lower. However, $100 is a good price.

Between the Onkyo or the Technics, both are probably similar in performance except the Technics has the VTA.
 
The 1300MK2 is a great table. What kills it is the cueing feature, which breaks on 99.9% of them. I have one and love the table. I run it with a Denon DL-160 cart. BUT, I would say 100.00 is pushing it. It becomes a manual table with the cueing shot, but you have to lift the tonearm off the record by hand. I have no issues with this, but it freaks my girl out.
 
Thanks, mythless and kermit z. I'll find out about the cueing issue if things go further. The seller hasn't called back.
 
I have one in my attic. The cueing is broke on it. Took a high end MC needle with it too. It is a good platter though. The rest sux.
 
Back
Top Bottom