• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Technics SL 1600 MKII cue up and down problem

vinilossolo

New Member
Hi. I recently bought a sl 1600 mkII in very good conditions. It had the problem with the cue belt. I replaced it and the automatic features began to work again.
But the only problem now is with the cueing button and lever. When i push the button or lift the lever, the tonearm doesn't stays up, it goes up but inmediatly goes down, even if i hold the lever in the up position.
Any idea? Thanks

Jose
 
Register to hide this ad
Hi. I recently bought a sl 1600 mkII in very good conditions. It had the problem with the cue belt. I replaced it and the automatic features began to work again.
But the only problem now is with the cueing button and lever. When i push the button or lift the lever, the tonearm doesn't stays up, it goes up but inmediatly goes down, even if i hold the lever in the up position.
Any idea? Thanks

Jose
Tough to say without looking at it.

When you were in there replacing the belt did you re-grease the gears? I scrapped the old hardened grease off and added fresh.

Also, inspect all gears for cracks and broken teeth. Oil linkages. Clean switch contacts.

Bob
 
I didn't re-grease the gears. Y couldn't open the turntable completely because i couldn't remove the 2 read wires from the power transformer, as the Servive Manual says.
 
Been a while since I had one apart for service, don't remember any particular difficulties disassembling it.
 
You have to use a soldering iron to remove 2 wires to fully split it into 2 parts (top and bottom). Just make sure to use electrical tape or a sharpie and mark which wire goes to which post.
 
Back
Top Bottom