• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

technics sl-q200 low output squeeling/feedback where do I start to diagnose this?

jim nielsen

New Member
The history of this turntable is unknown - and I noticed the output was low and when I cranked it - it created a microphonic type of squealing (not feedback but an electronic high-pitched sound - but not loud).

This is a basic quartz-locked semi-automatic direct-drive turntable. What are some of the steps I can do to diagnose this problem. I actually thought it was my receiver so I went and bought another used on on KIJIJI and same issue.

I am in Toronto Canada if you don't mind helping a Canuck.

THanks
Jim N
 
Register to hide this ad
I would first assure it is not microphonic feedback.
How much did you crank it?
It sounded to me like a sound that a tube amp makes - but it seems that the cartridge was not seated correctly. Oh well - I should delete the thread. Thanks for the answer
 
Back
Top Bottom