• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Technics SL-Q6: Replace The Stylus Or The Cartridge?

MAXZ28

Addicted Member
My nifty little Technics SL-Q6 TT currently has a Ortofon cartridge with an Ortofon 20 Stylus. The cantilever was slightly bent when I got it and I'm wondering whether I should spend my money on an all together new cartridge or chuck up the $130 for a replacement stylus? Is there something better than what I currently have that won't breach the cost of the replacement stylus? :scratch2:

Your recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
 
Register to hide this ad
My nifty little Technics SL-Q6 TT currently has a Ortofon cartridge with an Ortofon 20 Stylus. The cantilever was slightly bent when I got it and I'm wondering whether I should spend my money on an all together new cartridge or chuck up the $130 for a replacement stylus? Is there something better than what I currently have that won't breach the cost of the replacement stylus? :scratch2:

Your recommendations would be greatly appreciated.


A brand new OMP-10 would cost less than the replacement stylus for the model you have.
 
A brand new OMP-10 would cost less than the replacement stylus for the model you have.
I believe the 10 is a poor value, and you get at least that performance from the AT-92ECD on ebay for $24, an excellent value. The 20 stylus is quite respected and would not be a mistake. But, you might consider this by lpgear, the same body style as the AT-92ECD, but with an HE stylus:
http://www.lpgear.com/Merchant2/mer...oduct_Code=LPGATSER05HE&Category_Code=LPGCART

They also carry the SA (Shibata version, although it is more expensive). I have this cart in it's previous incarnation when it was called the AT331LP and it is excellent. And, coincidentally, used it in my SL-Q6. :)
 
Back
Top Bottom