• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

TechWood Towers (lighted)

Register to hide this ad
I see that the original post has been edited. Of the ones you linked, I would go for the Optimus pair. The rest I would avoid. Acoustic Audio is also a white van I'm pretty sure.
 
You could do worse for $30 IMO. I wouldn't go by ebay prices exclusively because some people on there are off their nut.
 
Probably true, but being on a budget, and looking for a way to replace some small terrible speakers, would these Optimus speakers be a good replacement? Or addition?
 
Replace "TECH" part of the name with "FIRE" and you will get pretty accurate description of what they are and what they are good for...
 
Are you talking all of them? Or are you saying just the TechWoods?
They were talking about the Techwood, because you just added the other ones:
Optimus: not any kind of $30 steal, but if you like them...
Acoustic Audio: looks pretty terrible, also looks like this lady has a shop with lots of speakers
Mitsubishi SS-3000: probably from an 80s rack system set? I dunno..

More promising options in what I am assuming is your budget:
http://boise.craigslist.org/ele/3357959137.html
http://boise.craigslist.org/ele/3357849331.html
 
They were talking about the Techwood, because you just added the other ones:
Optimus: not any kind of $30 steal, but if you like them...
Acoustic Audio: looks pretty terrible, also looks like this lady has a shop with lots of speakers
Mitsubishi SS-3000: probably from an 80s rack system set? I dunno..

More promising options in what I am assuming is your budget:
http://boise.craigslist.org/ele/3357959137.html
http://boise.craigslist.org/ele/3357849331.html

Yeah those Mitsubishi's did seem like a rack set. I'd wager very cheap.

Agreed that those are more promising in that price range.
 
Probably true, but being on a budget, and looking for a way to replace some small terrible speakers, would these Optimus speakers be a good replacement? Or addition?

The Mitsubishi speakers are probably the best for the money, especially since everyone usually haggles... you should be able to walk out with a pair of $25-$30 speakers. They will probably be a step up from what you have - and definitely a step up from Techwood stuff - and you can save up $100 for an even better pair down the road. a hundred to a buck fifty will open the door to a wide range of nice speakers, FYI...
 
Back
Top Bottom