• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Tell Me the Truth

cason

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I want a cassette deck. One that is pretty much trouble free with good sound. I currently have a Pioneer CT-F750 and a CT-F9191. Both have issues that I may be in over my head trying to fix. So, do I look for a new deck (prefferably one that will go with my SA-7800, TX-7800 and SG-9800) or have one (both?) of these repaired and use it (them)?
Thanks
Bob
 
Register to hide this ad
Can you handle the truth??

Niether of those Pioneers have ever been my favorite. When and if they are repaired, they are mediocre (IMO). Lot's of busy mechanics with Pioneer NLA parts.

I think you'd get better performance with a used Sony or Nak(amichi).
 
Jon,
yeah, I can handle the truth. It's why I asked. Was enjoying the 750 when it was working, but... Also, liked the "matched silver," and the 9191 is just one of the prettiest decks around. But I'm really wanting something basically "bullet proof" with good sound.
Bob
 
I've had trouble with 4 750's. My 9191 has been pretty good after a belt kit.
Same for 900/950's, they would go well with your stack. My 850 has been relaible, but thet don't apperar as often.
The Nakamichi CR series seem pretty nice too, but they may not blend in as well if that's a prime consideration.
 
The only way your going to get a bullet proof cassette deck is to buy one and have it completely restored.
 
Thanks for the replies. Mark, I'm considering that path with the 9191, but haven't made the decision yet.
 
Back
Top Bottom