• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Terk FM-50 antenna

Dougr33

Smoothing the Grooving
Anyone using a Terk FM-50 amplified, outdoor antenna on the side of a house with a vintage receiver/tuner. Close to a (less attractive, since my chimny is at the front of the house) good fm-only mast antenna? I'm about 10 miles west of Minneapolis. Thanks folks.
 
Register to hide this ad
I too am looking at getting one of these puppies....but they are unavailable here in Australia right now.

Only thing I reckon they should of done is have a variable gain instead of a on/off gain. :yes:
 
terk AF-1

I'm not shure about the outside antenna, but I can tell you about the inside AF-1 model, I have it hooked up to a Luxman receiver at my work place (steel fabrication shop) and for the FM no good, to much electrical interference, but I do use it for AM so I can listen to the baseball games. but actually the antenna just amps the signal and dosn't clean anything up. so for FM I use a set of rabbit ears TV antenna which works better than the Terk. Hope this helps you a little,good luck
 
I do.

Mine is mounted in my attic and I really love it.It really helped the number Of stations I could pick up in stereo and really maxed out the signals of the ones I already got.Well worth the money in my opinion.
 
I've never had very good results from the Terk Products. In fact, a friend of mine with a similar experience said about Terk, "never has a company promised so much, and delivered so little". I tend to agree.

I would recommend that you consider this antenna offered by C. Crane Company.

< http://www.ccrane.com/antennas/fm-antennas/fanfare-fm-antenna.aspx >

or this tweaked variation of the same antenna

< http://www.fanfare.com/fm-2g-c.html >

I have currently been using this antenna with good results.

< http://www.ccrane.com/antennas/fm-antennas/fm-reflect-antenna.aspx >


- augustwest
 
I've never had very good results from the Terk Products. In fact, a friend of mine with a similar experience said about Terk, "never has a company promised so much, and delivered so little". I tend to agree.

I disagree. Godar takes that title.

I'm using this for AM, and with very good results:

attachment.php


http://cgi.ebay.com/Ultimate-AM-Ant...goryZ296QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

So much so that I have three of them at home, built one for my brother, and some for several friends. And one for Dr*Audio, who reports good results, too.
 
Back
Top Bottom