• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The Byrds Greatest Hits.

catman

Addicted Member
Banned
G'day all, this CD accompanied me on my exercise bike session this afternoon. The Byrds are one of those bands inextricably linked with the heady days of the mid to late 1960's.

A lot of the songs on this album sound a little idealistic and simplistic to me now, yet they still sound sincere and they remind me of 'good times' for me personally. :yes: Regards, Felix aka catman.
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
What is better than "Eight Miles High"?

Love the Byrds, have all of their main albums and box set. They were superb in all of their phases ... folk rock, psychedelia, country rock.
 
I remember those high school days. I was listening to Iron Butterfly and Cactus and a friend came over and put on Sweetheart of the Rodeo. At first I laughed and said you've got to be kidding me, but as I listened it to it , it won me over. My Dad had a big country collection and I guess that influence helped me to realize what a monumental LP the Byrds had put out. I still have it on vinyl.
 
Great vintage tunes! Not sure it's on that Greatest Hits album but always loved "Chestnut Mare."
 
Got to love the Untitled (live) album ... what a revelation that was first time I heard it -
and the expanded versions just added to the joy!
 
Great album...
Love the music from this period...

Here's another good one from that same vintage.......!

BuffaloSpringfieldBuffaloSpringfieldAgain.jpg
 
Love their album Sweethearts of the Rodeo which was the start of Country Rock that the Eagles made popular during the 70's. The Byrds were always pioneers in exploring different genres.
 
Back
Top Bottom