• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The Empire v3.0

Very impressive. I did some upgrades to a 208 last year (added an SME 3009 for instance), but I just couldn't completely tame the rumble from the motor no matter what I tried. I finally gave up and sold it. I'd sure like to hear yours though!

Reading your comment, Fairchild used the Papst motor on one of their tables.
In a later revision of the same model they added a lead weight, in the form of a plate to the base of the motor.
That few ounces of weight/mass dampened the already smooth motor a good bit.
just a thought.
bob
 
This thread is now 13 years old. Well I have had this conversation in the back of my mind since. Maybe a later project one day. That day has come. I have another 208 coming and a Linn ittok arm ready to go.
So in the next week or so ill be starting on my version of the Empire/Linn V 3.0 2026 edition.
I want to duplicate the finish like the original 3.0 or possibly glass bead and clear.
 
Back
Top Bottom