• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The Lang BL-10 speaker

desertmirage

New Member
I think I'm in trouble with the wife.

I bid, and won "the Lang bl-10" speaker system.

I'll post pics when I get them, but was hoping experts with the history of the KLH gang might help with info that may smooth things over.

They are marked "The Lang" BL 10 speaker. They are rectangle in shape, and the speaker badge is "designed by Henry C. Lang" which I believe is the "L" in KLH.

They sort of look like the minstrel speaker, but it's not mentioned, although the paper on the back has Lang & Taylor, inc.
I've found the patent info on-line, but nothing else.
It also has an additional box that looks like a volume control, at least it has a dial that goes from 1-10.
They look great with the original tweed cloth.
Any ideas? I'll get pics up shortly!
Thanks!
 
Register to hide this ad
I think I'm in trouble with the wife.
They are marked "The Lang" BL 10 speaker. They are rectangle in shape, and the speaker badge is "designed by Henry C. Lang" which I believe is the "L" in KLH.

KLH is an audio company founded in 1957 as KLH Research and Development Corporation in Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States, by Henry Kloss, Malcolm S. Low, and Josef Anton Hofmann originally to produce loudspeakers.​

He's not the "L" in KLH, but I believe that Henry Kloss did partner with Henry C. Lang on some earlier projects.
 
KLH is an audio company founded in 1957 as KLH Research and Development Corporation in Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States, by Henry Kloss, Malcolm S. Low, and Josef Anton Hofmann originally to produce loudspeakers.​

He's not the "L" in KLH, but I believe that Henry Kloss did partner with Henry C. Lang on some earlier projects.

Thanks, I've read a couple of different things about Henry Lang, but as I researched KLH, you're right!

Anything you know about the Henry Lang speakers? They are in great shape with the original badges. They sound good for a smaller speaker, I think I picked them up because of the era they were built in.
 
In 1956, Henry Lang and Jordan Baruch designed a corner speaker. Henry Kloss was a college student at the time, and built and sold the Baruch-Lang speakers under the "Kloss Industries" label (even as a student he dreamed big).

The BL-10 is the Minstrel. It's a rectangular box speaker designed using the same principle as the B-L speaker. Kloss was not involved in this one.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom