• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The Lepay LP-2020A from eBay has died

transmaster

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
The title says it the Lepay LP-2020A for eBay has died. Going great then suddenly silence. Replaced it with the Parts Express LP-2020TI and I am off and running again, I tracked down the Parts Express amp's RF problem and it was cable issue that is fixed. I had read about the quality issues the Lepai knock offs have and I have learned about it first hand. Had I purchased the defective Amp from Amazon I would have called for a replacement. But since I purchased it from eBay and considering what I paid for it, it isn't worth the hassle. The Parts Express YouTube was correct about the knock off's. Parts Express has Texas Instruments making a modern version of the Tripath chip so they are the go to place for these Class "D" amps. In My other posting on the Parts Express Lepai Amp there is the info on this amp's chip set.
 
Register to hide this ad
Are you sure that you are getting voltage from the power supply?
Yes, it uses the same power supply as the Parts Express amp and that was the one I was using.

I have it on my service bench, I am not interested in repairing it even it it was possible but I can at least figure out what failed.
 
Back
Top Bottom