• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The Maxell Tape Wall Grows Again

Des_Lab

Active Member
Banned
At last, found a 'missing' piece to complete another set for my Maxell tape wall. Today, just finished putting it up and slightly re-arranged the rest of the world-famous (my own self-gloss there) Maxell tape wall. Here it is now.

TapeWallWhole.JPG


Has anyone else besides Brax attempted something like this? I know there was a discussion recently about framing the Maxell POSTER (the man in the chair), of which I passed on inasmuch as I have the real deal here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
DL-But last night I was still 'blown'
 
Register to hide this ad
Makes ya wonder why they had to change the wrappers and the cassette shells so often ? Looks great though.
 
VERY nice! :thmbsp:

That wall speaks volumes not only about the cassettes, but just as eloquently about the persistence and passion of the collector behind it (behind the collecting, not behind the wall! LOL).

I do think the poster in a matching frame put somewhere in the middle of those tapes would "tell a story" a bit more fully than the tapes alone. I'd be inclined to go ahead and add that to the wall. Just a personal opinion, though; as collector/owner of those, you have every right to display them as you wish, and the way you've done so is great as-is, too!
 
Put some nice music on, lava lamp or twinkly lights, dim the room lights, and sit back and enjoy. I like it!
 
How are these for starters?

BubbleLamps.JPG

CoolLights1.JPG

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DL-The lava lamp is in the den
 
Back
Top Bottom