• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The New GANG OF FOUR - "Content"

Spellbinder

My Spine Is The Bassline
Just pre-ordered the new Gang Of Four LP, "Content" due to release January 25th. Can't wait to put this on the turntable.

i3evid.jpg


A track from the new LP, "You'll Never Pay For The Farm" here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JL6ZLQaf2E



.
 
Register to hide this ad
Heh...doesn't look like too many Gang of Four fans are floating about here!

Me, I'm a fan. Love the stuff!

For whatever reason, I had not bought their albums until recently. I decided today is a Gang of Four day and am listening to the early stuff, such as Songs of the Free.

I'll pick up the new CD soon. I added it to my spreadsheet of wanted music.

What I like about their music is there's a timeless feel about it. Especially with the early stuff, where they had a minimalist approach to how they went about producing their music. It still has a fresh feel about it.

And it goes with Belgian ales rather well.

This is an incredible album!

John
 
I bought a Gang of Four album about 30 years ago now...this post just made me pull out my copy it still has the shrink wrap around it....$5.99. I listened to it just once or twice... it was too "out there" for me at the time....and I was listening to the Clash and the Sex Pistols. I remember that to me it seemed too harsh and lacked melody. Maybe I will put it on the turntable today and give it a spin. It is called Entertainment! .
 
Last edited:
I like them, but I still need to get some of their albums. I really like the way their guitarist sounds and plays. I looked them up awhile back when I found out they opened for The Police on the UK part of their Ghost in the Machine tour. They were innovators of dance rock, and the influence by them is obvious in the music of one of my favorite bands of the last decade, Franz Ferdinand.
 
I bought a Gang of Four album about 30 years ago now...this post just made me pull out my copy it still has the shrink wrap around it....$5.99. I listened to it just once or twice... it was too "out there" for me at the time....and I was listening to the Clash and the Sex Pistols. I remember that to me it seemed too harsh and lacked melody. Maybe I will put it on the turntable today and give it a spin. It is called Entertainment! .

Entertainment is a good one. That and Songs of The Free were two of my favorites. I sold off my vinyl 10 years ago :( and my musical tastes have changed over the years but I would still be open to listening to them on occasion. I went to see the Gang of Four in NYC in the early 80's. Cool show.
 
I bought a Gang of Four album about 30 years ago now...this post just made me pull out my copy it still has the shrink wrap around it....$5.99. I listened to it just once or twice... it was too "out there" for me at the time....and I was listening to the Clash and the Sex Pistols. I remember that to me it seemed too harsh and lacked melody. Maybe I will put it on the turntable today and give it a spin. It is called Entertainment! .

Did you give it a re-listen? Entertainment! is a real sh!tkicker of an album IMO. :yes: I'd love to have a vinyl copy.
 
Back
Top Bottom