• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The new VideoKarma is set to launch!

C'mon people, it's nice over there, start posting!:) It's been kinda dead so far, we gotta get something else to read other than posts from last month:D
 
I was really confused trying to find the antique radio forum not knowing this was happening. I agree with the earlier posts that the radio forum seems out of place and enjoyed the one stop shopping visiting the tube radio and antique radio forums. No interest in old tv's really. Either way really appreciate the hard work of all involved in keeping the forums going.
 
So glad I decided to check Today's Posts and ran across this. I too will miss having the Antique Radio forum here, since I am not a video guy, but hey, it's only a radio forum. I can go over there and check it out when I'm in the mood. If the homeowner decides to rearrange the furniture, who am I to complain. He/she/they certainly put in a lot more time and effort building the house(s) than I do. I hope the general public searching for a place to ask antique radio questions can find it.

All the best with the new site Kam.
 
C'mon people, it's nice over there, start posting!:) It's been kinda dead so far, we gotta get something else to read other than posts from last month:D

Actually I have been surprised by the amount of posts so far.

Its going to take some time. Due to most of the TV guys never having ventured much outside of the TV forums and not seeing the threads about the move.

I am getting more and more emails asking what happened. Honestly I think its a bit sad that folks can be a part of a web site for so long and not know whats going on outside of their little corner.

Were doing our best in getting the word out and rely a lot on word of mouth. So if you know someone who has not found their way yet please let them know. Thanks

Grumpy
 
"HTTP 404 The webpage cannot be found "

I keep getting this message when I try VideoKarma. Yesterday I could open the main forum pages but nothing else worked, today can't even open the main forums page.

EDIT Now it seems to be working.
 
Last edited:
Looks like it copied my PMs over as well. Can I safely go delete them on that site without effecting their storage at Audiokarma?

Steve
 
Looks like it copied my PMs over as well. Can I safely go delete them on that site without effecting their storage at Audiokarma?

Steve

Yup the two sites are not tied together.
 
I've tried to get to the TV pages the last couple days and I also got the dreaded "Not Found" page.

That's because I clicked on the link displayed on the audiokarma forums page (http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php). The link they give there does not work (http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=166), even though next to it it reads: "Click here to find the new home for all of Audiokarma's TV and Radio forums www.videokarma.org".

It took a little hunting around today to find the correct place. Somebody needs to correct that link on that page. (please...)
 
I like that, you can have two different avatars, ect. :thmbsp:Cool stuff.

On the other hand, I don't think it would be fair for the same person to
register on both sites with different names. Or for someone to use on
one of the sites the name someone else is using on the other. What do
you think?
 
I've tried to get to the TV pages the last couple days and I also got the dreaded "Not Found" page.

That's because I clicked on the link displayed on the audiokarma forums page (http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php). The link they give there does not work (http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=166), even though next to it it reads: "Click here to find the new home for all of Audiokarma's TV and Radio forums www.videokarma.org".

It took a little hunting around today to find the correct place. Somebody needs to correct that link on that page. (please...)

Its fixed now.
 
On the other hand, I don't think it would be fair for the same person to
register on both sites with different names. Or for someone to use on
one of the sites the name someone else is using on the other. What do
you think?

That's not what I was referring to or advocating, I hope it didn't come off that way. I agree, it's not fair. Hopefully the good crowd we have around here won't abuse things. I just liked the fact that I can have a stereo related avatar over here on AK and my good 'ol '64 Zenith Space Command 400 on VK.
 
Well, here's a good one:

"Web Site Content Unknown
The Web site requested has not been evaluated and categorized. Since the content of this Web site is unknown, it poses a potential security risk, both to [deleted] and to you personally.

Unknown URL: http://www.videokarma.net/
Category: none

If access to this Web site is required and you have a SecurID token (typically used for VPN), then it may be accessed by following the below steps: ... "

I get the same for videokarma.org.
Apparently the new forum is being blocked as a security threat.
Hopefully, the bot that scans & "approves" websites finds it and clears access to it. That could take months to over a year.
Being that videokarma.COM is a porn site, I don't know if that bot is smart enough to know that it's not the same site.
Looks like I'll be "off the air" for a while...

Mike
WB2MEP
 
Well, here's a good one:

"Web Site Content Unknown
The Web site requested has not been evaluated and categorized. Since the content of this Web site is unknown, it poses a potential security risk, both to [deleted] and to you personally.

Unknown URL: http://www.videokarma.net/
Category: none

If access to this Web site is required and you have a SecurID token (typically used for VPN), then it may be accessed by following the below steps: ... "

I get the same for videokarma.org.
Apparently the new forum is being blocked as a security threat.
Hopefully, the bot that scans & "approves" websites finds it and clears access to it. That could take months to over a year.
Being that videokarma.COM is a porn site, I don't know if that bot is smart enough to know that it's not the same site.
Looks like I'll be "off the air" for a while...

Mike
WB2MEP

No security issues here. I connect without problems. A setting of some kind?
 
I guess this kind of issue occurs due to the particular Internet Service Provider's
policy. Maybe your ISP has a public relations person that can be contacted
to discuss the problem. No difficulty here with Bell Canada. Good luck.
 
Back
Top Bottom