• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The Pioneer "1" Gear Thread!

Dr. Strangelove

Super Member
Banned
And, let us not forget the "1" gear:

CT-A1
C-Z1
C-Z1a
H-Z1
M-Z1
M-Z1a
P-D1
PL-L1
S-F1
S-F1 Custom

If you have any of these, please post them here.

This may be a smaller thread than the "eXclusive" thread.

Doc
 
Register to hide this ad
This one will be small surely, but here's my P-D1:

mijnP-D1005.jpg

mijnP-D1003.jpg


A while ago there was a C-Z1 together with two M-Z1 for sale in Italy, this guy was asking a very firm price, I was tempted anyway.. they were 220 volts model making them extremely rare, since this equipment has never been exported from Japan officially.. so these models were somekind of demo.. The next time I get a chance I might just bite!
 
Hello! Have pair of M-Z1, now trying to bring it back to life.
Will post pics after it will be alive again.
 
A while ago there was a C-Z1 together with two M-Z1 for sale in Italy, this guy was asking a very firm price, I was tempted anyway.. they were 220 volts model making them extremely rare, since this equipment has never been exported from Japan officially..

I have a strange question - is it possible to get pics of this 220 volts amps, I want to see a voltage on a primaries of transformers - if it's 220, than it's really unic, but if it's same 100 volts as on the rest of the 100 volts amps, than primaries of the trannies connected in series and it will be safe mod to do (maybe some slightly bias ajustment). I'm tempted to do this mod with my M-Z1 but not decided to do it yet.
 
I'm sorry MVM, I dont have any pictures, but as I may recall they are pictured on thevintageknob as well.. there's a picture from an Italian owner, I believe he's the same guy as the one who had them for sale a while ago..
 
I have been updating my collection:

PL-L1 and H-Z1 underneath:
IMG_1168.jpg


CT-A1 and P-D1:
IMG_1138.jpg


next up to tacle are the M-Z1 monblocks..

the PL-L1 is a dreamer TT!! love it to bits, this one came in newlike condition with the original box.. I have it fitted with the PC-70mc cart. together with the H-Z1, the results are very pleasing..
 
And, let us not forget the "1" gear:

CT-A1
C-Z1
C-Z1a
H-Z1
M-Z1
M-Z1a
P-D1
PL-L1
S-F1
S-F1 Custom

If you have any of these, please post them here.

This may be a smaller thread than the "eXclusive" thread.

Doc

When did they make these ????

John M
 
I don't need another turntable, I don't need another turntable, I don't need another turntable, I don't need.....
 
I don't need another turntable, I don't need another turntable, I don't need another turntable, I don't need.....

Neither did I... :D

this stuff was all made around 1979~1980, except for the P-D1, which came on the market in 1982.

Very great designed pieces, and they do indeed look modern in a certain kinda way... To bad nothing (or very, very small numbers) was never officially exported from Japan, except for the P-D1, which sold in Europe as well.

I can't figure out yet which setup I like more: the eXclusive or the series 1.. well, I guess I just like both in their own way!

p.s. I hope to be the new owner of two M-Z1's within a short while.. fingers crossed:thmbsp:
 
Last edited:
All together now:
IMG_1184.jpg


IMG_1185.jpg


IMG_1186.jpg


IMG_1187.jpg




The A-27 will eventually make place for a C-Z1 and two M-Z1's, next to that I hope to find a pair of S-F1's eventually, but that will be next to impossible. Till that time I'll just settle with the CS-3000a's which are lovely as well! Keepers for sure; they match very well with the eXclusive C3 and M3; same woodgrain and optical finish.
 
So what's the plan for the A-27? :D

Very nice looking setup! Love the speakers too. Is that the power supply for the tt on the second shelf down?
 
These devices have been built in my opinion, at approximately 1980/81-84/85, the P-D1 1983.

Michael-Otto

Almost right, they are a bit older; the H-Z1 1980, the CT-A1 1979, PL-L1, 1979 and the P-D1 1983 indeed. They were indeed marketed untill somewhere halfway up the eighties, only in Japan

on the second shelf down is not the power supply; it's the H-Z1, which is the MC amp from this line.

the M-Z1's are on the way..

I am afraid I will have to part with my beloved A27, although it is for a good purpose; to fund the C-Z1..
 
I know:
My P-D1 is original europe version, only component in the setup which runs on 240 volts. I am after a F-99x tuner to complete the setup.:thmbsp:
 
IMG_1446.jpg


The only component still missing at this point, is the C-Z1 pre-amp.. It's hard to find one for a decent price, very hard..:scratch2:
 
Back
Top Bottom