• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The Recorded LIVE Playlist

Queen - Live at Wembley Stadium (CD-Bonus Tracks)


Queen-Live-at-Wembley-1986.jpg


Not the best recording, but great performances make up for it.
 
And once again Onepixel, you come up with a great topic for a PL thread! :thmbsp:

I actually thought of making something like this a long time ago but just decided to keep the live albums I listened to in their respective genre threads. Also I don't have that much live material, and most of it is in rock.

Anyway, listened to this the other day, I quite like it and have since it came out, both for the performances (except a few of the new songs) and the SQ.


Fleetwood Mac - The Dance


79681363ada0a15401c9c010.L.jpg

I just got this album. Maybe because I'm a Fleetwood Mac fan, but this is fricking great!!!
 
I just got this album. Maybe because I'm a Fleetwood Mac fan, but this is fricking great!!!

Great! I hope you like it and I wasn't off in my assessment of it's SQ. :thmbsp:

I don't have nearly the live material of you and others and what I do tends to be more rock/metal and not the more small venue/intimate/stripped down stuff such as The Dance is closer to. So I lack somewhat of reference point for that material.

But I've always been impressed with the SQ of that album, ever since I got it when it came out in the late 90's and even with the very lo-fi setup I had at the time.

Love "The Chain" in particular, the beginning bass drum gives my sub a workout!
 
Great! I hope you like it and I wasn't off in my assessment of it's SQ. :thmbsp:

I don't have nearly the live material of you and others and what I do tends to be more rock/metal and not the more small venue/intimate/stripped down stuff such as The Dance is closer to. So I lack somewhat of reference point for that material.

But I've always been impressed with the SQ of that album, ever since I got it when it came out in the late 90's and even with the very lo-fi setup I had at the time.

Love "The Chain" in particular, the beginning bass drum gives my sub a workout!

I agree with you on the SQ, it's awesome. The vibe from the crowd is great too. From the deep bass to guitar highs it's just great. I had it cranked!

Thanks!!
 
I agree with you on the SQ, it's awesome. The vibe from the crowd is great too. From the deep bass to guitar highs it's just great. I had it cranked!

Thanks!!

No problem! Again, glad you like it! It's been one of my favorite live albums for 10 odd years. I forgot to mention that the drums on Tusk really kick too. The whole sound is well mixed, open, detailed, clear and like you are there. It's great to listen to loud! :music:


Pink Floyd - Pulse


pink_floyd_album_pulse.jpg
 
I downloaded Charlie Hunter's 'Live at Yoshi's' last night from his website and listened to it twice in a row - all 2-1/2 hours of it. At once it has projected itself to the top of my favourite live albums list.
 

Attachments

  • Cover.jpg
    Cover.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 7
I downloaded Charlie Hunter's 'Live at Yoshi's' last night from his website and listened to it twice in a row - all 2-1/2 hours of it. At once it has projected itself to the top of my favourite live albums list.

I bet that sounds amazing. Been to Yoshi's and they have great acoustics.
 
I bet that sounds amazing. Been to Yoshi's and they have great acoustics.
Never been there, but it sounds like it is an intimate setting. The recording is pretty good; it is mixed live direct to 2 track DAT, so it has that transparency that only simple recordings have.

Only available from his website.
 
Attention Mystic.........I'm really impressed with all the music you suggest!I actually look for some of the live albums you suggest and never seem to find them.Could you clue me in to a source?:banana:
 
Bud Powell Quartet
Live At The Blue Note Cafe, Paris 1961
ESP Disk (2007)

Bud Powell, piano
Zoot Sims, tenor sax
Pierre Michelot, bass
Kenny Clarke, drums
 
Back
Top Bottom