• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The Simpsons Season 25

electronjohn

Plug it in & see!!
Subscriber
Season 25 of The Simpsons premieres tomorrow night. An amazing run. Haven't missed an episode. Ever.:D

And, slightly off-thread...tonight's the season premiere of SNL. I'll be asleep...but the DVR won't be. It'll be interesting to see who any new cast members are. Gonna miss Bill Hader...one of SNL's top ten characters.
 
Register to hide this ad
Wow, I must be getting old.

I used to read his cartoon "Life in Hell" (the cartoon that spawned the Simpsons) in the San Diego Reader years before Matt Groenig hit the bigtime.

groening-hell.gif
 
It's a rather amazing accomplishment. I haven't really watched them in years, I like it just haven't had time or interest lately.
I think I have the first 8 or 9 seasons on DVD and that's probably how far behind I am on watching them.
 
"Life In Hell"? Me too...funny cartoon. You could certainly see Groening's warped sense of humor.

The first one I saw showed Binky in the corner of an empty room with a voice from outside saying,
"Now you stay in there until you learn how to have fun"

I was a fan from that day forward.
 
Wow how time flies! I love the Simpsons. I remember during the second season we were watching it and after it was over my 8 year kid said " I wish the Simpsons was on all the time". I told him don't worry when the reruns are syndicated they will be.
Boy is 34 now and we still like the Simpsons.
 
I've fallen behind the last five seasons or so, but I plan on catching up when my kid is old enough to watch.
I think I have the first twelve or thirteen seasons on DVD, and plan on picking up the others. I fell behind on buying them, but there are deals out there for older sets.

Favorite episode is still the one where Bart joins the mob.
 
"Who knows what kind of adventures they'll have between now and the time the show becomes unprofitable?"

-- Troy MacLure, December 3, 1995 (Season 7).

Apparently this hasn't happened yet, although there was a distinct drop-off in quality after Season 9, some sixteen years ago.
 
Back
Top Bottom