• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

The Sound of Compromise....

Wolverine

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
BEECBAF0-30FA-41DA-96F5-442934CB4E67.jpeg
My son moved out a couple of weeks ago and before he had pulled out of the driveway I was pulling into his old room several pairs of vintage speakers that I had in various places. Needless to say my wife had her thoughts on how to use the extra space and the pics here show the deal that was struck. :D

Adcom GFA 545
Adcom GFP 565
Adcom GDA 700
Adcom GFS-6
QED SP-150
Denon DVD-2910
Oppo DV-981
Technics SL D-3
Monster HTS 3500 Mk II

Polk RTA-12c
Rectilinear III
Rogers BBC Monitors
Fried Model C
 

Attachments

  • E192DA23-A346-48A0-A274-E9B9251778AA.jpeg
    E192DA23-A346-48A0-A274-E9B9251778AA.jpeg
    52.4 KB · Views: 209
  • 739CE55C-A4C0-4A86-B9A2-6690B99E0D0E.jpeg
    739CE55C-A4C0-4A86-B9A2-6690B99E0D0E.jpeg
    40.9 KB · Views: 207
  • 70848F88-D338-42CB-A543-E57AA6B5B895.jpeg
    70848F88-D338-42CB-A543-E57AA6B5B895.jpeg
    40 KB · Views: 204
  • FE021CC5-7514-4247-BF34-CEB15A284D90.jpeg
    FE021CC5-7514-4247-BF34-CEB15A284D90.jpeg
    93.1 KB · Views: 209
Register to hide this ad
Thanks! I feel like this is the first time any of these speakers have been in a room large enough to do them justice. Still wondering if I should swap out the 545 with one of my 555’s but I am not sure it is needed given the recommended Maximum power for several of the speakers.
 
Last edited:
You Sir, are some negotiator. Looks like the deal struck is comprised of 95% stereo room and 5% office space!! :deal:

She insisted on the Art books on the bottom shelf of the coffee table which I could care less about but I negotiated about it as if I cared. That is how I got the bottom shelf of the bookcase for my new vinyl ...... :music:
 
She insisted on the Art books on the bottom shelf of the coffee table which I could care less about but I negotiated about it as if I cared. That is how I got the bottom shelf of the bookcase for my new vinyl ...... :music:
Very shrewd indeed!
 
Damn kids. Why does it take too long for them to grow up?:D Can't wait for my younget to head out into the world so I can use her room for my hobby. That'll be the day.

Congrats on the wheelin' and dealin'. Looks like your nice stuff now has a nice room to breathe in..
 
Damn kids. Why does it take too long for them to grow up?:D Can't wait for my younget to head out into the world so I can use her room for my hobby. That'll be the day.

Congrats on the wheelin' and dealin'. Looks like your nice stuff now has a nice room to breathe in..

Thanks!
I guess it depends on your kids .... :D
but I would not be in too much of a hurry to kids out of the house.

I have been enjoying listening to it for several days and I really enjoy playing the Fried and Rogers together and they sound like a single pair that really cover the entire sound spectrum.
 
Looks good. When compromising with the wife, I have always found that acting really
attentive to her input works really well for me as well.
I actually got the new travel trailer I wanted a couple years ago by being very attentive
about how great it would look with her decorating ideas. Now, I been working on her
to let me upgrade the sound system in it, and what a great idea it would be to put in
some outside external speaker jacks so I can connect up big speakers outside for her
summer backyard parties. :beerchug:
 
The OP said, "... and before he had pulled out of the driveway...." made me grin.

About the time my daughters' tail lights were around the corner, my wife was opening cans of wall paint. Her bedroom was Scrapbook/sewing/crafts Ladies Cave in the space of days...

Good deal, Wolverine!
 
The OP said, "... and before he had pulled out of the driveway...." made me grin.

About the time my daughters' tail lights were around the corner, my wife was opening cans of wall paint. Her bedroom was Scrapbook/sewing/crafts Ladies Cave in the space of days...

Good deal, Wolverine!

Thanks!

I will have to show your comment to my wife as she did not appreciate what she perceived as over enthusiasm for becoming a "empty nester" at the time. However since encouraging her to buy some new vinyl she often will come in and listen to "her records" with me.
 
Back
Top Bottom