• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The use of two preamps

bill1956

Active Member
I've done a little searching and couldn't really find anything. I have just purchased a used amp. ( sumo the nine) and it came with a pre amp. (sumo electra). Well I already have the same preamp. So I was wondering if anyone uses two preamps with their set up? Any benefits or is this just being silly to use one pre for the left channel and another for the right channel?
 
Register to hide this ad
I used to run 2 preamps back when I used to run stacks of speakers. One pre for the top pair and one for the lower. I never thought about running one for left and right. All those 2 preamps did for me though was complicate things and muck up the soundstage. It's just one of those things that you have to try for yourself.
 
I guess ill give it a try and see what it sounds like. The way my system is placed it just makes it a pain in the ... to take everything out unplug and plug. I appreciate your input!
 
I use two, and sometimes (rarely) three.


attachment.php


Regards, :D:music:


Steve
 
Try it. Probably won't make a difference, stereo imaging-wise, but who knows?

With modern pre-amps that don't have a balance control, you could do this instead.
 
Back
Top Bottom