• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The weird **** that happens to me..

Water is one of those overlooked items in todays high fructose corn syrup world. Energy drinks (what's wrong with a good night's sleep?), mega caffeine, coffee shops every thirty feet, sports drinks named for you-really-call-that-a-sport personalities ..... I kicked Coke and went back to water almost a year ago, and it's been a big help. I have a soda now and again, but nothing on the scale of before. Water.... yea, it's a keeper.
 
Similost, I'm glad to hear it was an easy fix. Strange the crap that crops up as we get older. Damn. Feels weird saying that.

I was listening to the "modern rock" station the other day and heard a Stone Temple Pilots song I like. Then the guy came on and welcomed me to the "throw back lunch". Geezzzz.
 
Water is one of those overlooked items in todays high fructose corn syrup world.

Since you brought it up, stay far, far away from the HFCS. The Hydroginated (SP?) oil too. I started reading the ingredients on the stuff I buy. I'm not running any marathons, but 190 feels a lot better than 212 did. And I'm shooting for 180 by the end of the summer.

The stuff they call "food" anymore is as much poison as anything.

"You On a Diet" by Dr. Oz and Dr. Roisin is gooooood reading.

Take care,

Ed
 
Man, that sucks!

Sorry to hear of your plight Simi.

I know how you feel. Like when I was informed that i have a syndrome that only affects 1 out of 1,000,000 people. (That was 20 years ago, the numbers have changed since then. MORE people are diagnosed now.) Just my luck, to be one in a million, and have it be something sh**ty.

It's Carney Syndrome BTW. Lovely stuff. Read about it sometime.

Dave
 
Everything you wrote sounds very interesting, Akay. Seems you've done your homework.

However.

I don't think I'll be sucking my dogs teats anytime soon.:D

Dave
 
Ironically, almost everything mentioned here is a result of the SAME root cause. People today eat a diet that is so far removed from what we are designed/evolved to eat, it isn't even funny.

Great post!!!!!!!!!!!

For the record, my BP was 160 over 90. I went on the meds and stuff. Today it was 123 over 77- no meds. Mostly just diet changes. I had some black berries for breakfast, turkey wrap for lunch and salmon for dinner today. You do the math.
 
Water is one of those overlooked items in todays high fructose corn syrup world. Energy drinks (what's wrong with a good night's sleep?), mega caffeine, coffee shops every thirty feet, sports drinks named for you-really-call-that-a-sport personalities ..... I kicked Coke and went back to water almost a year ago, and it's been a big help. I have a soda now and again, but nothing on the scale of before. Water.... yea, it's a keeper.
.....outstanding, Scorpion....some people will tell you they don't drink water as they slam one coffee after another or one Coke after another....some slam both and end-up being fidgety fat people....I want to drink something sweet with meals, but the rest of the time, I try to drink cold water.....
 
The other day a guy at the office told me his body parts either doesn't work or hurt.

Arkay, Great post, saves me the looking up.
 
Fellers, TAKE CARE of yr body. The Good Lord only gives out one to a customer. Let MY little stroke be an object lesson to all of you- I was having WANGING headaches, saw "sparkles" in my eyes, & KNEW my BP was high-an' just blew it off, like a typical guy. My body was trying its damndest to tell me something, but I wasn't listening. I was EXTREMELY lucky-YOU may not be.
 
For the last day I haven't been able to eat much... I had a blocked saliva glad, and when I would try and eat, it would swell up massively and hurt so much I couldn't even open my mouth...

Ended up, the oral surgeon had to cut the end of my salive duct and remove a rice sized stone that was lodged at the opening....

Hope the doc gave you some nitrous to ease that pain. If not, I say you were cheated!
 
No.. they don't have any :tears: Guess next time I should run over to Maryland and get me a box or two of whippets.... take my own bottle with me..
 
No.. they don't have any :tears: Guess next time I should run over to Maryland and get me a box or two of whippets.... take my own bottle with me..

$600 and no laughing gas!!! Shame on them. Next time, shop around more diligently first.
 
It's getting really hard to find a dentist with nitrous any more... It's about the only way they can get me to sit still.. you should have seen me jumpin and kickin with the shot.. .I can take all kinds of pain.. until it is in my mouth..
 
Back
Top Bottom