• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The Wrestler

Spectacular movie, great performance. The scene on the Asbury Park boardwalk broke my heart. Glad to see Rourke doing something decent, I always liked his acting.
 
You do know wrestling is fake, don't you? :boring:

Of course we know it's fake! But you still have to be in pretty good physical condition to take the hits and do the moves these guys do. Let a 300 lb. wrestler hit you and tell him it's fake! They do get broken bones, concussions and other various injuries.
 
Of course we know it's fake!


Stop right there. Wrestling is just bad actors with a lame script, who are on steroids. Wrestling actually makes day-time soaps look good by comparison. :D

If they are suffering so much injury, maybe they need to consult a few stunt guys, to better learn how to "roll with the punches".
 
Saw the movie last night. Brutal....sad. Rourke is perfect.

However Marisa is.....well.....let's just say she has aged very well....

like the gent said above you will not be disappointed in her appearance.
 
Hate to disagree but wrestling is not fake.However wrasslin is.
Sad,poignant and tragic story with a superb performance by Rourke.
 
Hate to disagree but wrestling is not fake.However wrasslin is.
Sad,poignant and tragic story with a superb performance by Rourke.

Yes high school wrestling is real :D, but it is not the multi million dollar business that "wrasslin" is. I think we all know what we are talking about.
 
The Wrestler is a truly great film. Rourke's performance is heartbreaking. The parallel's between the film and Rourke's own life speaks volumes. He was the perfect choice for the role.
 
She is only 44. I would not have expected her to look "any worse for wear", at that age.

I noticed they shot her in a very unflattering light intentionally to draw parallels between his passed-his-glory-days and hers.She stills looks great,and her performance is amazing,too.
Jimmy
 
The scenes with him at the Meat counter talking to the customers were great. The man selling "drugs" and Ram asking him to make some muscles was just too cool. It felt like a documentary. The 80's soundtrack and just Mickey's like ability just draw you in. The upbeat moments were so real and so full of hope that, the tragedy of his life was oh so much more poinyent. After seeing Frost/Nixon, it's a good run for the Oscars.

Mark
 
Spectacular movie, great performance. The scene on the Asbury Park boardwalk broke my heart. Glad to see Rourke doing something decent, I always liked his acting.

I totally agree. Mickey was charming; he made The Ram human and likeable. It was a fabulous acting job. I was pulling for him the entire movie... I wanted him to make a good decision and find his redemption. I wanted him to find what he was missing; I wanted him to stop hurting. I don't think another actor could have pulled that off. Mickey made you feel it all.

I would like to see it again, but I will need to take a Dramamine to do so. That hand-held camera made me motion sick.

Who was the actor/wrestler who played Bob at the end?

John
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom