• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Thiel CS.5 tweeter replacement

Grills were on. I made some more measurements with the small Audio Technica condenser mic and a UA-100 preamp (old stuff). I used a log plot and it showed a dip around the suspected crossover. I then reversed the tweeter polarity and the dip went away. Of course, I don't know if the mic is flat but I suspect it is over this range. The room is about 13 x 16 and has some odd angles in it. The walls are 7 feet and the ceiling 8 feet with a slope between. One wall is like a bay window. Maybe that is good, maybe bad.

It concerns me that the response is flatter with the polarity reversed. I thought there was a universal definition of polarity. But I will listen to them this way for a while and see how it performs with music. To tell the truth, it sounds so much better than what I had before either way that it is hard to detect the differences.
upload_2019-1-29_20-16-33.png
 
Back
Top Bottom