• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Thiel Model 02

TheX

Well-Known Member
Just picked up a pair in good shape. The veneer has some delamination at the bottom of one of the sides. The drivers and x-overs seem flawless.

I fired them up with a couple of different subs and I love them.Very efficient and fantastic reproduction of Yo-Yo Ma's cello.

Any other model 2 owners?
 
Register to hide this ad
I have a nice pair, great little performers :yes: These were one the first models to ever come from Thiel, hence the name Model 02
 
Congrats on getting a pair of remarkable speakers. I'm an 02 owner for four or five years now, and they won't let me stray. Among my speaker collection are ADS, Advent, Boston, B&W, JBL, KLH, NHT, PSB, and Pinnacle, but, to my ears, none of those can touch the three-dimensional imaging of the Thiels.

I hope you're still enjoying them.
 
More love for the Model 2.

I have been listening to a pair in the bedroom for a few months now and it keeps getting better.
 
Found my pair in a local thrift store for $25, spotted them and my first reaction was that the surrounds must be rotten for them to be there. Nope, the surrounds were fine so I just about fell over myself getting my money out. When I first hooked them up I wasn't immediately wowed, they were clear but a little demure. In retrospect I suspect that was the room which was quite large because when we moved, things changed. The Model 02's ended up going into a smaller space . With a smaller room the sound improved but things didn't start getting really interesting until I found a Luxman R-114 (again in a thrift). With the Luxman and the smaller room, I suddenly had a set of revealing speakers that imaged like nothing I'd heard before. Sound stage, clarity, transparency it was all there and they do have bass. Great speaker, best I own at the moment, Jim Thiel knew what he was doing.
 
I loved the CS2 that I had.

48627398071_d7db57c28f_b.jpg
 
Found my pair in a local thrift store for $25, spotted them and my first reaction was that the surrounds must be rotten for them to be there. Nope, the surrounds were fine so I just about fell over myself getting my money out. When I first hooked them up I wasn't immediately wowed, they were clear but a little demure. In retrospect I suspect that was the room which was quite large because when we moved, things changed. The Model 02's ended up going into a smaller space . With a smaller room the sound improved but things didn't start getting really interesting until I found a Luxman R-114 (again in a thrift). With the Luxman and the smaller room, I suddenly had a set of revealing speakers that imaged like nothing I'd heard before. Sound stage, clarity, transparency it was all there and they do have bass. Great speaker, best I own at the moment, Jim Thiel knew what he was doing.

That is some sweet bang for your buck. Nice work!

Still listening to mine every day. They're not going anywhere.
 
I found a pair at our local thrift about 6 yrs ago. Got them for ten bucks! Cabinets are the Black walnut veneer and in decent shape. I got them because I don't think anyone else knew the brand.DSC09136.JPG DSC09137.JPG I hooked them up to a lower powered receiver and was underwhelmed with the sound so they ended up in the closet for a few years. Recently I got them out and hooked them up to a higher powered receiver and then I heard what they where capable of.
 
Back
Top Bottom