• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

THINK FAST!! Sansui AU-417 or Kenwood 6100?

RebelKat

Resident Tiger
The Candidates:
Kenwood KA-6100. Sweet looking in silver, with black lettering, and power meters!
Sansui AU-417. Classic blackface/white letters.
Both have similar power rating.

Which one would you choose if you could only choose one, and what swayed your decision?

Discuss!:D
 
Register to hide this ad
The Sansui would have the "cleaner" sound IMHO.

And really, isn't that what it's all about?

To me, looks "are" important, but sound quality ultimately wins out in my book.




Retro
 
Which one would you choose if you could only choose one, and what swayed your decision?

I believe the original poster was also asking "what swayed your decision" in picking one or the other. At least "I" followed the instructions correctly.

:D



Retro
 
I like the sansui's black face. They did a good separating themselves from others in the market.
 
I've owned both.

Loved the bouncing meters and classic look of the Kenwood, preferred the sound (cleaner, more articulate, less dark, still a hint of warmth) of the Sansui.
 
I've owned both.

Loved the bouncing meters and classic look of the Kenwood, preferred the sound (cleaner, more articulate, less dark, still a hint of warmth) of the Sansui.

Anyone else have/had BOTH units?
Fixing up the AU-417 right now.... New power cord, deoxit, general cleaning...
 
Thanks everyone for the opinions- the decision has been made.
Kenwood ka-6100 wins out. The Sansui Au-417 had a bad channel, weak and totally distorted. :thumbsdn:
 
Back
Top Bottom