• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Thinking about buying a Nady XA-900

kconnor

Well-Known Member
I’m thinking about buying a used Nady XA-900. I would appreciate any comments concerning experiences with that brand. I use a Crest 3301 amplifier in one of my systems and I am very satisfied with it. I’ve never heard of Nady and I don’t know if it’s of good quality or not. I was new to Crest too but I took a chance with it and couldn’t be happier. The engineering, build quality and sound of that amplifier is beyond reproach.
How does Nady compare to Crest and Crown?
 
Register to hide this ad
Nady is mostly cheap crap and in no way comparable to Crest and Crown both of which are reliable and relied upon commercial mainstay products.

Nady is really just cheap.

They may work fine for you but are not in the same league at all.

Anyone disagree?

Ed
 
Thanks for the response. I was curious because the Nady XA series bear a cosmetic resemblance to the Crest CA model ampilfiers.
 
I don't intend to sound nasty about it but you asked directly and my reply was in that spirit.
I have sold and used a lot of Nady stuff and it fills a price point where you would normally not be able to find anything at all.
So it does have its place sometimes. Service and repair on the other hand are also almost impossible and much more likely to be an issue too.

Crown and Crest on the other hand are decent at every level and exceptional at most and not really an Apple to Apple comparison with Nady at any point to me.

In my area there are deals on Crest and Crown frequently on CL and if they look OK and not abused I would buy almost any used instead of anything new from Nady.

Hope this helps.

Ed
 
I would agree with that. Crest made the amps for the Renkus Heinz installs we have, and they are beasts with no hiccups for the last 14 years. Plus I used one mobile a few times (did not want to carry it far !)
I confess to owning one Nady piece, an active direct box. It has a little hummmmmm but better than no direct box, so it fills a spot, OK for like 10 bucks or whatever it was.
 
Back
Top Bottom