• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Thinking about subscribing to AK

johnnyboy70

Active Member
I'm thinking about subscribing to the site. What are the perks/benefits? I've heard about the marketplace too. What do you all think, wanted to get my Sansui AU 9500 recapped soon. Is there a service within the community for that?
 
Register to hide this ad
I think the major perk is the satisfaction you'll get knowing you're supporting one of the most inclusive and complete hifi sites on the web. Period.

I'll leave the more material perks to someone more familiar with them than myself.
 
There is so much to take from this website.....it's damn near criminal to not give a little (or a lot) back.

- Michael
 
I think the biggest reason for me is being able to contribute to the site for maintenance that gives so much back in its wealth of information - if you can afford it. Remember it's still voluntary.

As far as the subscriber perks, I really like having a larger picture capacity. And Bartertown has been a source of a couple nice amps and a preamp. I felt very comfortable dealing with members who know how to pack well.
 
ask yourself if you get $25 worth of entertainment a year from AK. I think you will see its a great deal!

also, barter town rules! I have sold everything I have ever listed in BT.
 
Yessiree...best $25 I ever spent. Folks on here are great, nevermind the other benefits; just worth it to support the site.
 
Tax write off for you.

I don't know about that. AK vendor fees are a different story. Barter Town is not a forum for business promotion. That's what the banners at the bottom of each page are for. Some vendors have also graciously supported their own forums.

Contact an AK admin for further info.
 
OK so I attempted to join and borked it by making a Payment instead?
Evidently I am not the first one?


I Emailed Grumpy about fixing it,is that all I need to do?
Thanks
Ed
 
As another already pointed out, it's criminal not to support this site with its wealth of information and users happy and willing to help you. Barter Town just piles whipped cream and cherries on top of that!
 
I don't know about that. AK vendor fees are a different story. Barter Town is not a forum for business promotion. That's what the banners at the bottom of each page are for. Some vendors have also graciously supported their own forums.

Contact an AK admin for further info.

Not a write off as a vendor expense, but rather a write off for a paid subscription to pertinent trade information. Not much different than subscribing to a magazine or trade journal. With a paid subscription he'd have access to information that is relevant to and helps him in his business. As a small business owner I'd do it in a second and not feel the slightest bit fraudulent.

Of course, it's really none of my business.....just a suggestion from one small business owner to another. :D
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom