• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

thirft store find

brokenbodyma

Active Member
I picked up a pair of black JBL-G200 bookenders. Now I know in the large sceme of things these don't rate very high even going back to a 2011 thread of the same type. To me though for $14 they already have taken place of my other JBL-J2060S which when I put my Nikko 6065 receiver to them their faults mainly the tweeter proved to be lackluster and in need of an upgrade or a toss to the curb. These can handle both the highs and lows that warrent my bedroom listening and will keep them until something way better shows up. Tweeter is different and they are ported in the rear unlike the 2060s which are front ported.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0503[1].jpg
    DSCN0503[1].jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCN0504[1].jpg
    DSCN0504[1].jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCN0505[1].jpg
    DSCN0505[1].jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 113
Register to hide this ad
Geeze, at least make the bed before you take pics!
Just bustin your hump! Good deal for that price! Might sound good as part of a surround sound system as well.
 
Cool little speakers!

I have a pair of J2060's that have been in continuous use for over 20 years. I replaced the tweeters with a pair of inverted dome EPI's, and it made a dramatic improvement. Other than that, they have been rock solid; my son has them now, and he may well pass them on to his kids in 20 years!
 
Back
Top Bottom