• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Thorens TD-105

moodyj2000

Member
A while back I picked up a Thorens TD-105 turntable mostly for the Stanton 881 cartridge which was worth more than what I paid for the table. Surprisingly the table is not that bad and I will probably keep it for something to pass down to one of my kids. Currently restoring a TD-165 and a Dual 1229 so this is my main while those are in process.

Only downside is an annoying hum that builds if you even look at the RCA cables wrong. I checked continuity from the cartridge back and it looks like a short in the cable itself. You can twist it and it will go a way for a while.

Looking to replace the RCA cable with something better. Any recommendations?
 
Register to hide this ad
A while back I picked up a Thorens TD-105 turntable mostly for the Stanton 881 cartridge which was worth more than what I paid for the table. Surprisingly the table is not that bad and I will probably keep it for something to pass down to one of my kids. Currently restoring a TD-165 and a Dual 1229 so this is my main while those are in process.

Only downside is an annoying hum that builds if you even look at the RCA cables wrong. I checked continuity from the cartridge back and it looks like a short in the cable itself. You can twist it and it will go a way for a while.

Looking to replace the RCA cable with something better. Any recommendations?
I'm gonna get flamed, but for my recent RCA TT replacement I purchased a handful of 3ft RCA's from my local thrift. Measured them out individually and chose the lowest for my replacement. Has worked perfectly (quiet as a church mouse) for the last year.
 
,
I'm gonna get flamed, but for my recent RCA TT replacement I purchased a handful of 3ft RCA's from my local thrift. Measured them out individually and chose the lowest for my replacement. Has worked perfectly (quiet as a church mouse) for the last year.

Why not? Hey, people toss out RCA cables at our landfill. Have bunches of cables. Replacements have been quiet on several projects.
 
Back
Top Bottom