• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Thorens TD 160 mkII and SME 3009 capatability

Thocom

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Hi, I am considering upgrading the arm on my Thorens TD160 mkII to an SME 3009, I see there are some mounting plate adapters available on the bay for this purpose. They aren't specific to the 160 but do call it out as well as several other Thorens tables.

Has anyone here mounted one to this table? I believe it's the original SME (not the "improved") but will have to double check that.

I kind of remember a thread a while back where someone used one, but had to purchase spacers from Linn?
I'm going from memory and cannot find the thread again.
And yes.... My record clamp is a hockey puck :)
Any help appreciated.

Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 34
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 32
Register to hide this ad
I have had a few Thorens with SME arms on them. Just get the right arm board and your golden. :thumbsup:
 
Last edited:
Here's a picture of my 160 Super with an SME arm board.
 

Attachments

  • 160 super 008.JPG
    160 super 008.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 37
I have the SME 3009 tone arm on my TD 160. Classic match.

Soundsupports sells several versions of good aftermarket sound boards.
 
Dave at Vinyl Nirvana makes a much better SME arm support! His is one piece!! If I had to do it all over, I would have bought mine from Vinyl Nirvana, not Soundsupport!

I already stripped two of the bolt holes on my Soundsupport!
 
Back
Top Bottom