aramirez626
Well-Known Member
Hi all, I tried playing my Thorens TD 160 the other day after maybe two years of no play. It was spinning really slow, even the 45 speed sounded like a demon was speaking to me! I had a spare new belt and I replaced the belt but still the same problem. Now, both belts might have been old, but I just want to know if there is anything else I should look at before trying to find another belt.
The second issue is that there is a low hum. I do have a the phono preamp as seen in my sig, so it could be that, but not sure why that would have a problem. all the tubes are lit.
Thank you all, any help appreciated.
The second issue is that there is a low hum. I do have a the phono preamp as seen in my sig, so it could be that, but not sure why that would have a problem. all the tubes are lit.
Thank you all, any help appreciated.