• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Thorens TD 280 MKIII fair price?

mr.jones

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
What is a fair price for a Thorens TD 280 MKIII turntable, This deck looks like it just came out of the box and is fitted with a Stanton 500 cart.

I know this is not one of the great Thorens decks but from what I have read it is not the bottom of the barrel.Not a lot of these out there and the only sales I could find were European eBay transactions.

Thanks.
 
Register to hide this ad
Yo, man, I don't know if this has become a moot point with you, or not, but I just was given an original TD 280 with a Signet cartridge the needed some work. I just put it together, turned it on, and was blown away. If the price is reasonable, and this model sounds anything like mine, grab it. I have a Thorens TD 165, a larger, more substantial deck, and a more expensive one, but the 280 is definitely close, if not better, soundwise. It looks kind of cheesy, but don't let the looks fool you, the TD 280 is a great deck. Of course, the cart is essential, and the Signet I have is very well-regarded.
 
Back
Top Bottom