• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Thorens TD145 vs Thorens TD 180

Pann

New Member
I just spent a lot of money to set up a vintage Thorens TD 145MK II with Audio Technica AT14Sa (Shibata) I'm comparing it to my Thorens TD 180 with a Ortofon Blue and I can't hear any difference. I'm playing them through my Marantz 1070 into stacked large Advents. What would you suggest to do? I won't keep both.
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
I'd stick with the TD145. It is higher quality turntable with a better resale value. Though I must admit I've not heard the TD180, it comes from a different era. (Of their belt drive models, I have heard/owned TD145, TD150, TD160 and TD125, all of which are good.)
 
Back
Top Bottom