• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Thorens TDW 224 value

maclvrbr

Super Member
I have an oportunity to purchase a Thorens TDW 224, but have no clue about its quality or value. It takes up quite a bit of space , but is very unique as you guys know. Does anyone have any idea of its value? It is in excellant shape and functions as it should. I found no info on its original price or recent sales value. Thanks for your responses and God Bless.
 
Register to hide this ad
I don't know the value, which would depend on condition, etc. But if I had a chance to get one, I would go to just about any length (short of separating the twins) to do so.

I would contact Steve at theanalogdept.com as I imagine he could be of some help.

This thread will probably be moved to dollars and sense, since it involves a value question.
 
Hi,

A really nice TDW 224 is usually worth $700-1200 in value. They really were the best changer ever made and a delight. Ingrid, my wife, loves TDW 224 machines and has owned them for years. :tresbon:
 
Hi,

A really nice TDW 224 is usually worth $700-1200 in value. They really were the best changer ever made and a delight. Ingrid, my wife, loves TDW 224 machines and has owned them for years. :tresbon:

.....or more depending on the condition. Most need work to get running properly.
 
Hi,

I was going for low average on the estimate. Most of them do need very copious service work to function like new. Ingrid has 10 of them (8 fully serviced and 2 for spare parts). She also owns many NOS spare parts for these. :tresbon:
 
I would love to see a 224 up and running someday. I know if I had the opportunity to pick one up reasonably I surely would.
 
Hi,

I was going for low average on the estimate. Most of them do need very copious service work to function like new. Ingrid has 10 of them (8 fully serviced and 2 for spare parts). She also owns many NOS spare parts for these. :tresbon:

:jawdrop: That's just greedy! I'd settle for just one, personally.........:D
 
Beobloke,

Not so much greedy as practical. We have 3 houses and a vacation cabin in Norway. We have equipment in all rooms of the house and are broadcasters for a living. The TDW-224 is superb but very prone to maintenance. You need backup if you love 'em. Most enthusiasts need 2 and parts. One of the TDW 224 decks is at my office in my system there. I have one at my transmitter site for music as I work.
 
Back
Top Bottom