• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Thornes TD125 MKII Belt Size

gcalvas

Member
I have been reading a few postings and have read recommendations made for the purchase of an original Thorens belt. Based on all the information given, I am taken that recommendation. I went to site that sold the Thorens belts and found that they mentioned the TD125, but not the TD125 MKII. I sent for information on the belt length and the was given 510mm (20"). I measured the circumference using a 1/4" ribbon and it found it to be 22 1/4". That is more than 2" difference.

Does anyone know what size the belt should be for my table? :scratch2:

I hate to get the wrong size and therefore I am weighing in on all you "heavy hitters" to set me straight.:thmbsp:

Thanks.

George
 
Register to hide this ad
Get the 20" belt. The additional 2-1/4" is for tension. The differences between the various TD125 and TD126 models were with bearings, motors, electronics and arms. The bases and other major parts were the same.
 
Thanks Graham.

I knew that there was supposed to be tension, but I did not know it was that much. The guy from Acoustic Sound said that the Thorens belt he has works on his table which is a TD125 MKII.

In the mouth of two or three witnesses, every word may be established.

George
 
George, how do you like that turntable? What cart are you running on it? Good luck with that belt replacement.
 
Back
Top Bottom